Saturday, October 20, 2012

Back in the saddle!

OK, so it's been too long since my last post. I am back in the saddle again because now my office is set up and running! It's been a long time coming and I still have about 50% more boxes to unpack and put away....but I'm closer now than ever.

I have learned that I really do need a clean and organized space in order to write. I don't do well with millions of packed boxes and stuff waiting to be put up, all over the place. After all, this is still a part of stewardship.

My office came together right on time. I have a speaking engagement on Sunday, October, 28 at Mt. Zion United Methodist Church, in Mechanicsville, MD. In addition to this I will be hosting a stewardship seminar at the same church on the third Saturday in November. I will update this information soon.

I posted a comment a while back on my facebook page prior to my move, it went something like this:

"What is a dream home? One you can afford to heat and cool after you pay the mortgage." I got a few comments on that one! You see as we get older perspectives change. I once had a check list of everything I wanted in my "dream" home. After owning a few homes now, I realize that a house is a house. We eat there and sleep there. Would I rather pay a $3,000.00 or a $1,300.00 mortgage? Hmm.

My perspective now is being "debt free" which includes no mortgage. I want to hold that deed in my hand. Most of us speak of home ownership when we really have home "borrowship". We don't truly own our home until the mortgage is paid in full, for now the bank is loaning us the home as long as we pay back the loan. This is home "borrowship" and if you miss a few payments, the bank will show you who owns the home as they foreclose.

So then, what is your dream home? Care to share?


*Remember. "True empowerment comes through stewardship!"

No comments:

Post a Comment